Page content edited for scientific accuracy by Bryn Sachdeo PhD
What Makes Us Different
Illuminate Labs is the most transparent supplement company in the U.S.
All Illuminate Labs supplements meet European Union dietary supplement contaminant standards (strictest in the world). We test our products for purity, potency and label accuracy at a third-party lab called the U.S. Botanical Safety Laboratory and then publish the test results for you the consumer to see. We only sell products that pass this rigorous testing.
In January of 2020, over 800 individual supplement brands (supplied by three large contract manufacturers) were ordered to take all of their products off the market by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for significant violations of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). The only way for consumers to know that the supplements they're taking are safe and effective is to see test results from a third-party laboratory.
Additionally, we publish all of the medical research that went into our supplement formulations right on each product page. See the Medical Research section at the bottom of this page to view the 10 research papers that went into our Panax Ginseng Extract formulation. These publications prove the safety and efficacy of panax ginseng supplementation at the dosage we use.
The test result documents are highly technical. If you have any questions about them please contact us. We're always happy to answer consumer questions.
What is Panax Ginseng?
Panax ginseng extract (often called "Korean Ginseng" or "Red Ginseng") comes from the root of a perennial plant native to the Asian continent. Panax is one of two variants of the herb, the other being American ginseng.
Panax ginseng extract is a mild caffeine-free stimulant, and is supplemented to support cognitive function, support a positive mood and support mental and physical energy levels. We recently put together a research article on all of the benefits of this type of ginseng.
All Illuminate Labs herbal extracts are sourced from a variety of different countries based on seasonality and purity of raw materials.
Ingredients: 200 mg Panax Ginseng Root Extract Standardized to Minimum 8% Ginsenosides, Rice Flour, Hypromellose (Cellulose Capsule), Maltodextrin, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide
Product Features: Fully Standardized, 100% Vegan, GMO Free, Allergen Free, Gluten Free
Subscription Terms: Subscriptions can be paused or cancelled at any time by contacting Illuminate Labs. Individual subscription orders will not be refunded if the refund request is received after the item has shipped.
Medical Research on Panax Ginseng (Efficacy & Safety):
1. “Ginseng exerts acute positive effects on secondary memory and more heavily cognitively loaded working memory tasks.”
2. “The most notable behavioural effects were associated with 200mg of ginseng and included significantly improved Serial Sevens subtraction task performance and significantly reduced subjective mental fatigue throughout all (with the exception of one time point in each case) of the post-dose completions of the 10 min battery (p 0.05).”
3. "Ginseng is a promising treatment for fatigue."
4. “P. ginseng improves aspects of mental health and social functioning after 4 weeks of therapy, although these differences attenuate with continued use.”
5. “Overall these data suggest that Panax ginseng can improve performance and subjective feelings of mental fatigue during sustained mental activity. This effect may be related to the acute gluco-regulatory properties of the extract.”
6. “Overall these data suggest that Panax ginseng can improve performance and subjective feelings of mental fatigue during sustained mental activity. This effect may be related to the acute gluco-regulatory properties of the extract.”
7. “Ginseng is a promising treatment for fatigue. Both American and Asian ginseng may be viable treatments for fatigue in people with chronic illness.”
8. “These results confirm that Panax ginseng may possess glucoregulatory properties and can enhance cognitive performance.”
9. “In conclusion, ginseng extract does improve psychomotor performance during exercise without affecting exercise capacity.”
10. “In summary, PG was shown in the present study to be safe, tolerable, and free of any untoward toxic effect in healthy male and female volunteers, when administered during a 4-week period.”
11. “Unlike other herbal products, clinically limited by unfavorable pharmacokinetics, ginseng has been extensively studied in humans and the pharmacological actions - which have proven effective in many diseases - have been well characterized. Moreover, ginseng has had nearly no toxic effects in case of controlled intake.”
best ginseng product i've tried
I'm a big fan of ginseng and as someone who doesn't take coffee I've used many ginseng supplements. These are the best ones I've tried and the $15 price can't be beat. Thank you illuminate labs!! Happy customer!
dislike price discrepancy between one time and subscription purchase
the price is too different between the two types of orders for the same product and I don't understand this. Why not make one time order price closer to other price. Other than that pretty good product.
Feel Great on These
Everything from my mood to wellbeing feels better using 1 dose of ginseng daily in the AM