Page edited for scientific accuracy by Bryn Sachdeo PhD.
What Makes Us Different
Illuminate Labs is the most transparent supplement company in the U.S.
All Illuminate Labs supplements meet European Union dietary supplement contaminant standards (strictest in the world). We test our products for purity, potency and label accuracy at a third-party lab called the U.S. Botanical Safety Laboratory and then publish the test results for you the consumer to see. We only sell products that pass this rigorous testing.
In January of 2020, over 800 individual supplement brands (supplied by three large contract manufacturers) were ordered to take all of their products off the market by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for significant violations of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). The only way for consumers to know that the supplements they're taking are safe and effective is to see test results from a third-party laboratory.
Additionally, we publish all of the medical research that went into our supplement formulations right on each product page. See the Medical Research section at the bottom of this page to view the 10 research papers that went into our Ceylon Cinnamon Extract formulation. These publications prove the safety and efficacy of cinnamon supplementation at the dosage we use.
The test result documents are highly technical. If you have any questions about them please contact us. We're always happy to answer consumer questions.
What is Ceylon Cinnamon?
Ceylon cinnamon (botanical name C. Verum) is the safer species of cinnamon. It's often referred to as "Real Cinnamon" or "True Cinnamon". There are two different types of cinnamon, and what's commonly sold today is the cheaper cassia cinnamon (C. Cassia), which has a compound called coumarin that is toxic to the liver. We published a blog article on the different types of cinnamon and the medical research behind them if you're interested in learning more.
According to a study published in 2013, "One important difference between C. Cassia and C. Verum is their coumarin (1,2-benzopyrone) content. The levels of coumarins in C. Cassia appear to be very high and pose health risks if consumed regularly in higher quantities."
Ceylon Cinnamon can help support healthy blood sugar levels and healthy cholesterol levels. Please see the Medical Research section below for a highlight of publications which studied the effect of cinnamon extract on blood glucose and cholesterol.
All Illuminate Labs herbal extracts are sourced from a variety of different countries based on seasonality and purity of raw materials.
Ingredients: 1000 mg Ceylon Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Verum) Bark Extract Standardized to Minimum 8% Flavonoids, Hypromellose (Cellulose Capsule), Rice Flour, Magnesium Stearate, Maltodextrin, Silicon Dioxide
Product Features: Fully Standardized, 100% Vegan, GMO Free, Allergen Free, Gluten Free
Subscription Terms: Subscriptions can be paused or cancelled at any time by contacting Illuminate Labs. Individual subscription orders will not be refunded if the refund request is received after the item has shipped.
Pregnancy Notice: We recommend that pregnant women consult with their doctor prior to taking this (or any other) dietary supplement.
Medical Research on Cinnamon (Efficacy & Safety):
1. “The consumption of cinnamon is associated with a statistically significant decrease in levels of fasting plasma glucose, total cholesterol, LDL-C, and triglyceride levels, and an increase in HDL-C levels.”
2. “Whilst definitive conclusions cannot be drawn regarding the use of cinnamon as an antidiabetic therapy, it does possess antihyperglycaemic properties and potential to reduce postprandial blood glucose levels.”
3. “There was a significantly higher [blood glucose] reduction in the cinnamon group (10.3%) than in the placebo group (3.4%).”
4. “Use of cinnamon showed a beneficial effect on glycaemic control (both HbA1c and FPG) and the short term (<4 months) effects of the use of cinnamon on glycaemic control looks promising.”
5. “Several studies have also revealed that cinnamon extracts lower not only blood glucose but also cholesterol levels.”
6. “In summary, cinnamon and components of cinnamon have been shown to have beneficial effects on essentially all of the factors associated with metabolic syndrome, including insulin sensitivity, glucose, lipids, antioxidants, inflammation, blood pressure, and body weight.”
7. “Subjects with the metabolic syndrome who consume an aqueous extract of cinnamon have been shown to have improved fasting blood glucose, systolic blood pressure, percentage body fat and increased lean body mass compared with the placebo group.”
8. “In conclusion, supplementation with 500 mg of water-extract of cinnamon for two months reduced fasting insulin, glucose, total cholesterol, and LDL cholesterol and enhanced insulin sensitivity of subjects with elevated blood glucose.”
9. “In conclusion, cinnamon polyphenol reduces the hyperlipidemia, inflammation, and oxidative stress through activating transcription factors and antioxidative defense signaling pathway in HFD rat liver.”
10. “However, high coumarin content of Cinnamomum cassia is a concern, but [Ceylon Cinnamon] with its low coumarin content would be a safer alternate.”
Long time customer
I'm a long time subscriber of this product and just wanted to leave a review saying that I still love it and it works for me!
4 Caps Definitely Helps My Health
I take 4 caps instead of the recommended 2 because apparently you can take well over the 1 gram serving safely per day if it's true ceylon cinnamon. I use this supplement for generall health & wellbeing promotion for maintaining good levels of blood glucose and cholesterol
cannot afford illuminate labs cinnamon on a monthly basis. wish the cost for regular purchase would come down