Danielle Zito is a board-certified psychiatric advanced practice nurse. Danielle achieved her nursing license in 2006 and her board certification from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in 2007. Danielle has clinical experience diagnosing and working with patients on a wide range of mental health conditions including depressive disorders, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, and ADHD.
Danielle also holds a HeartMath Clinical Certification for Stress, Anxiety and Self Regulation which is a program that incorporates biofeedback to help patients manage mental health conditions.
Before her career as an Advanced Practice Nurse, Danielle studied neuroscience at Northeastern University, and clinical sleep medicine research at Brigham and Women's Hospital in connection with Harvard Medical School. Her research focus was addiction. She also has experience conducting and evaluating pharmaceutical research and is curious about how inflammatory or autoimmune conditions may impact mental health.
Danielle's role with Illuminate Labs is to be the in-house expert on mental-health-related content, and also to increase the brand's presence by working with reporters in a PR capacity.
- Presented about cocaine addiction at the Society For Neuroscience Conference.
- Speaks three languages (English-native, Spanish-fluent, Turkish-intermediate)
- Licensed by Massachusetts Board of Nursing
- Board certified by the ANCC
- Current fellow of integrative and functional psychiatry under Dr. James Greenblatt
- Boston College, Master's of Science (MS), Psych CNS
- Northeastern University, Bachelor's of Science (B.Sc.), Neuroscience